RUSI Europe is an international think tank. We research and debate on all issues relating to international defence and security in Europe and beyond. We are a not-for-profit international organisation, is independent of government and is committed to objectivity, integrity and impartiality in all its work. RUSI Europe collaborates closely with its international parent organisation, RUSI, by exchanging expertise and by developing relationships with international stakeholders. Our fields of expertise include the critical issue of countering terrorism.
The European Commission has engaged RUSI Europe to manage the CT MORSE project which runs from 2019 to 2023. The project aims to strengthen the global delivery, coordination and coherence among the various CT projects (including P/CVE projects) financed by the European Union as well as to reinforce the EU engagement within the Global Counterterrorism Forum framework.
Specifically, the EU Counter-Terrorism, Monitoring, Reporting and Support Mechanism (CT MORSE) is a project of the EU providing monitoring and support for the Instrument contributing Stability and Peace (IcSP) actions in countering terrorism and violent extremism in third countries.
The objectives of the project are:
- Policy: to ensure that EU CT and CVE actions benefit from the best of international policy and global lessons learned.
- Monitoring: to provide expertise to EU actions on CT/CVE throughout the programme cycle of research, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Support: to support the EEAS and DEVCO to ensure the value-added and coherence of EU policy and practice are maximised.
The project is carried out in close coordination with DG DEVCO and managed by two experts, contracted by RUSI Europe. The Team Leader focuses on content and the Project Manager focuses on administration. The Project Manager reports to the Team Leader.
Job duration: February/March 2020 - May 2023
Application deadline: 28 January, 23:59 (CET time)
Interviews: Week of 3 February
The Project Manager will provide management, financial and administrative support to the CT MORSE project. S/he will oversee all logistical issues, including the organisation of meetings, missions, events, travel arrangements and management of the website and the production of a newsletter. Upon request of the EC, the Project Manager may also be asked to contribute to the annual mapping of EU actions. S/he may be requested to participate in field missions in agreement with the Team Leader (economy class travel and per diem will be covered by the project).
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent education in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other disciplines relevant to this assignment.
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Working knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Excellent organising skills demonstrable with relevant experience;
- Good communications skills;
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Organised and meticulous.
General professional experience
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience;
- Financial/budget management skills;
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years working in administration and project management;
- Proven experience in organising large events and conferences;
Working experience on EU external assistance programmes and familiarity with EU procedures and reporting requirements will be an asset;
- Working experience in CT or P/CVE is considered an advantage.
The Project Manager will be working full time (contract based) from RUSI Europe’s office in central Brussels, near the EU institutions. You will report to the Team Leader and will work closely with RUSI’s financial and administrative teams. The Director of RUSI Europe oversees the project.
RUSI Europe engages experts who are the best in their field and who can independently deliver high-quality, on-time results.
You will be contracted on a daily rate for the duration of the project. Day rates will be determined based on experience and are competitive. The contract will be for 38 months and may be renewed subject to programme requirements, funding and satisfactory performance
As a consultant working with RUSI Europe you will be appreciated and valued. Our projects and stakeholders are international and diverse, so we work hard to create inclusive teams that support our efforts and each other. We therefore encourage you to apply regardless of your socio-economic background, ethnicity, sexual preference, marital status or family situation, gender or disability.
To apply, please follow the following link: https://forms.gle/K8FKtKpqJNwMKAWo7. You will receive a notification that your application has been received.
If your application is shortlisted, we will invite you first for a telephone and subsequently an in-person interview. The application process will include a short, written test.
If your application is not short-listed, we thank you for your interest and hope you will apply for future RUSI Europe vacancies.