The 2021 UK PONI Annual Conference provides participants with a platform from which to discuss and debate new nuclear thinking, a forum in which to meet nuclear specialists from a variety of fields, and a knowledge exchange between established and emerging nuclear thinkers.
Please feel free to comment or debate on Twitter with the hashtag:
Sign up to receive our newsletter FUSION and emails about our events here
- Vanessa Nicholls, Director General Defence Nuclear Organisation, UK Ministry of Defence keynote (8 June)
- Commodore Paul Dailey, Deputy Director Submarine Capability, UK Ministry of Defence (9 June)
- AWE-MoD Fireside Chat: The Transition of AWE from Contractor Operation to Non-Departmental Public Body
Speakers for the AWE-MoD Fireside Chat will include:
- Tom Plant, UK PONI Director and Director of Proliferation and Nuclear Policy, RUSI
- Dominic Bethencourt-Smith, Atomic Weapons Establishment
- Ellen Jones, Defence Nuclear Organisation, UK Ministry of Defence
- Clare Brown, UK Government Investments, UK Ministry of Defence.
Futures Exercise with N Square and the School of International Futures
This workshop with N Square and the School of International Futures will introduce participants to Futures Wheels, an exploratory futures tool, and how it can be applied to nuclear issues. This is a pilot of a participatory exercise that the School of International Futures hopes will be useful with other cross- sections of the nuclear community or networks of emerging leaders. It will also enrich the ongoing horizon scanning effort led by N Square.
Please tick the box when you register for the annual conference if you are interested in participating in this workshop on 10 June, 1530-1730 BST.
Questions for speakers
If you would like to submit a question for our speakers prior to the conference please click here.
Please do not access this event using Internet Explorer, for the best viewing experience please join us from your desktop, using Google Chrome.
If you have any questions regarding the event please email UKPONI@rusi.org
Visit the UKPONI website: rusi.org/UKPONI